I am slowly sifting through my Urban Locavore box of goodies. I had forgotten to pack my lunch for work so I grabbed my two navel oranges, a pear and some fennel and ran out the door. Grace and I take turns making lunch for work. I am blessed that she is not only one of my dearest friends, but also our Recipe Developer at Thermomix in Australia. I always feel a little nervous when making lunch for her. We have been trying to eat fresh, healthy produce and sticking to salads at lunchtime. I whipped this up:
Ingredients (serves 2)
- 2 navel oranges
- 1 pear
- 1 fennel bulb, finely sliced
- 100mls olive oil
- 80mls (1/3 cup) fresh orange juice
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 50mls balsamic vinegar
- Celtic sea salt and ground pepper
- Zest one orange and reserve. Peel and segment oranges and finely slice the pear.
- To make the dressing mix the orange rind, olive oil, mustard, balsamic vinegar and mustard in a small bowl.
- Toss the orange and pear with the fennel until combined. Add the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste.
"The WA Citrus Industry have relaunched a blue “birthmark” stcker in 2012 to encourage shoppers to select West Australian fruit. Used in combination with the industry’s strict quality code for grading WA citrus fruit, this sticker will guarantee that only high quality produce is sold to West Australian consumers.'